Monday, January 11, 2010

They had come, unsummoned, to guard this train

“She looked out at the country. She had been aware for some time of the human figures that flashed with an odd regularity at the side of the track. […] She had had the track guarded since its completion, but she had not hired the human chain she saw strung out along the right-of-way. A solitary figure stood at every mile post […] All of them were armed, with anything they had found […] They had come, unsummoned, to guard this train.
(Ayn Rand’s _Atlas Shrugged_, page 242)


As you stumble into my blogpost, I suppose the first question you would want to ask me is who I am. My alias is “VidSweet”, I am a female from New York City who is politically registered as an Independent.

Then, you may ask me why I created my blog in the first place, or why I bother to create political videos. The answer can be found in the quote above from Ayn Rand’s novel, _Atlas Shrugged_. This passage immediately made me think of Sarah Palin and her loyal supporters. The novel’s protagonist, Dagny Taggart (who had seen the guards along the tracks), believes in many of the same positive, self-reliant, hard work ideals to which Sarah Palin subscribes. And like Dagny, Sarah is also a fighter who courageously endures many hardships in order to stand up for her principles. Such a person is to be admired, emulated, defended, and protected.

What strikes me is the fact that we, the Sarah Palin supporters, are like the people along those tracks. Sarah is like the magnificent and powerful train, a symbol of development, work, efficiency, and of the good. And her supporters stand alongside her because we can feel that history is preparing us for something inspiring to happen. There is a fateful purpose for Sarah’s political and personal rise, and we will help her because the results will be a shining light, a beacon for all that is good and honorable. We are eager to see in our time such greatness and achievement, and we see it in Sarah Palin. Therefore, I, like many others feel compelled to help Sarah in whatever goals she wishes to pursue.

Although we are “unsummoned”, we stand with Sarah because we relate so much with her experiences and qualities. So we gather all the tools we have to defend and protect Sarah Palin because the existence of such a good commands protecting that good. Our figurative ‘weapons’ may be our logic, wit, pen, keyboard, videos, music, faith, discussions, creativity, efforts and our time. We are a patient people and we will work and wait, because that kind of perseverance brings success. It will bring success for us, for Sarah, and for our country.

What is my figurative weapon of choice? It is my creativity and video-editing skills to promote Sarah and her policies, while impeding other politicians’ harmful ideas. Check out my YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/VidSweet You may also visit me on Facebook, Twitter, etc. I am very proud of this video that I made, so please watch it--it's a tribute to Sarah and to her fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgCGMVGCD1Y

You may finally ask me, where do I go from this post? Well, I also plan to blog about how we can leverage social media to mobilize Palinistas. And of course, I'll comment on the latest news items. Anyone else that wants to preserve our country by fighting against terrible policies and insincere politicians, pick up your figurative weapon and join me and millions of others in the fight to steer our country in the right direction.

--VidSweet

3 comments:

  1. VidSweet, your work is awesome.

    I watched the video "Palin Message Spreads Across the Nation - Going Rogue an American Life", it's great too.

    Have a look at the website I did documenting the Book Tour, w.w.w.info-scroll.com/going_rogue_book_tour_phase_i/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your spoof video on Martha "The train wreck" Coakley. You are very talented and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J Mattingly

    The only Ayn Rand book I have read is Fountainhead. This was 40 years ago and I read every word of the 1476 pages. She is powerful, but what I learned was not how good she wrote. It was how powerful I could be using powerful words in satire. Keep up the good work. You can find me on HillBuzz near where you have a post on the question about Jan. 20.

    ReplyDelete